The Day Before:
- Exfoliate! The most important thing to do prior to airbrush tanning. *We recommend using the Skin Palette’s exclusive Game Changer Glove.
- Shower and exfoliate the skin. Make sure your skin is free of makeup, perfumes, lotions, oils, deodorants, or any product that may act as a barrier.
- Shave (up to 6 hours before) or wax (up to 24 hours before).
- Remove all jewelry and delay wearing it, until a few hours after your tan.
- Plan on wearing loose, dark clothing following your airbrush session.
- Please wait at least 9 – 12 hours or until the following morning before showering. *If opting for the Accelerator, please wait 4 – 5 hours before showering.
- When washing your hands, try to utilize hand sanitizer on your palms and avoid submersion in water. *Submerging hands under water while washing will increase the likelihood of color to wear away more quickly.
- Wear loose fitting, dark clothing and avoid thick, heavy socks. Please stay in loose clothing until after your first shower. The solution washes off most fabrics but can rub off on clothes prior to your first shower. Do not wear wool, silk or nylon immediately after as the solution can stain those materials.
- Do not exercise after your appointment. Wait until the following day after your shower before perspiring.
What to Avoid Post Airbrush Tan Session
- Excessively hot showers
- Hot tubs and swimming pools will fade your tan. If you are going to swim, use a waterproof SPF to help seal in your sunless tan.
- Applying perfume directly to the skin.
What to Adapt Post Airbrush Tan Session
- Gently wash body with hands instead of a washcloth or loofa.
- Use a body wash/shower gel as opposed to soap. Avoid Dove soap completely.
- Pat dry with a towel after your showers, no rubbing.
- Moisturize! Moisturize! Moisturize after your post tan shower. Make sure the moisturizer is alcohol and oil free. Moisturize twice daily. Hydrated skin is essential in maintaining a long lasting tan because it slows the process of natural skin exfoliation.
What to Know
- Anti-aging products such as Retinol, Glycolic and Salicylic acids will cause the tan to fade.
- Antibiotics and other medications such as Accutane may also affect the life of your tan.
- For best results, we recommend the Evolv Daily Glo moisturizer. For touchups in between sessions we suggest the Evolv Sunless Spray.
Our Studio Location
The Sporting Club at The Bellevue
224 S. Broad Street, 8th Floor
Philadelphia PA, 19102
2014 Holiday Hours
Book your airbrush tanning appointment online!
Online appointments are powered by MINDBODY.
Click here to download the mobile app, and save Skin Palette as a favorite!