Here are some Skin Palette airbrush tanning tips!
Preparation: The week of your session
- Exfoliate! One of the most important things to do prior to airbrush tanning. Only use an abrasive exfoliate up to 3 days prior to your session as this will create abrasions that will interfere with the evenness of the application. Try Infinity Sun’s non-abrasive body polisher.
- Keep your skin hydrated by moisturizing and drinking lots of water.
Preparation: The day of your session
- Shower the morning of your airbrush tanning session
- Shave (up to 6 hours before) or wax (up to 24 hours before)
- DO NOT wear lotion, makeup, perfume or deodorant before your application as these act as barriers
- It is recommended that you wear dark, loose-fitting clothing and flip-flops if possible. Tight clothing can rub the tan off in some areas. Avoid wearing socks after the session.
After your Appointment:
- Please wait at least 8- 12 hours before showering. It is recommended to wait until the following morning before showering.
- When showering, try to avoid taking excessively hot showers, scrubbing or exfoliating. Try to use your hand instead of a washcloth. Also, use a body wash or shower gel, these products contain less alkaline than regular bar soap. Pat dry with a towel, no rubbing.
- Do not exercise after your appointment. Wait until the following day after your shower before perspiring.
- Moisturize! Moisturize! Moisturize after your post tan shower. Make sure the moisturizer is alcohol free. Moisturize daily thereafter and if possible twice daily. Hydrated skin is essential in maintaining a long lasting tan because it slows the process of natural skin exfoliation.
- Do not swim. Hot tubs and swimming pools will fade your tan. If you must swim, use a waterproof sunscreen to help seal your sunless tan in.
- Use the Infinity Sun aerosol to touch up the face, hands and feet between sessions.
When you take your first shower you will see some color wash off. Don’t worry! This is merely just the cosmetic bronzer, not your tan washing off.